This vacancy is no longer available. Click here for an overview of our open vacancies.
Are you an experienced Executive Assistant and Office Manager who enjoys giving support and coordination of office and travel? Do you love to provide excellent service to a growing international team with dedicated and ambitious members? And are you in for a dynamic and fast paced environment? Read on!
About the company
An international association of over 14,000 independent electrical retailers in 36 countries. It functions as a leading international electrical retail group on behalf of its members, and is based in Amsterdam.
Salary and hours per week
- Salary: Between €3000,- and €4500,- gross depending on experience
- 40 hours per week
- 4 days in-office, 1 day remote
- Start: Per 01-07-2022 - Start date 1 July, or possibly sooner!
About the job
In this role, your day to day responsibilities consist of 4 areas:
1. Support of Managing Director and Senior Director:
- Complete support to Managing Director and Senior Director Brand management & Digital Transformation;
- You act as a gatekeeper, manage agenda's, manage travel, prepare correspondence and communicate on the MD and Sr Directors' behalf, liaising with staff, members, suppliers etc.;
- You maintain overviews on demand of short- and long-term activities for planning, maintain connections with Board members and CEOs' assistants for good working relationships.
2. Support of the team:
- Full support to the team including but not limited to: switchboard and visitor management, managing team shared agenda's, correspondence and travel needs;
- Identifying the need for, planning and organising of (virtual) team building events;
- Ad hoc support to Board, especially President, as requested.
3. Travel and meeting management:
- Organising all travel arrangements (flights, other transportation, accommodation, etc.) for MD, Sr Director, and Team, preparing complex travel itineraries for all staff;
- Organising external meeting rooms and catering requirements. Obtaining best rates and service through negotiation and relationship management with existing suppliers, sourcing new suppliers, always researching/discussing to ensure best service/price ratio;
- Ensure meet budget requirements in respect of travel and accommodation. Through direct liaison or in person attendance ensure meetings (on- and off- site) run smoothly with all facilities provided appropriately and to the correct standard.
4. Office Management:
- Car and bike fleet administration and insurance administration;
- Maintain office environment to standard defined, including identifying and creating new elements, processes, etc.;
- Maintain cleaning contracts, kitchen and office supplies, furniture installation, plants, waste management, office and car access;
- Monitor correct invoicing, light bookkeeping such as processing payments;
- Regular and periodic mailings (e.g. Christmas cards) including, design, plan, engage and manage deadlines;
- First point of contact for the phone, email and external meeting host.
- Higher vocational education;
- Fluent English and Fluent Dutch;
- 5+ years of experience as an executive assistant and office manager;
- Experience and affinity for office administration and management;
- Good working knowledge and experience with MS Office suite;
- Excellent attention to detail, organisational and time management skills;
- Creative solution finder, with excellent interpersonal skills who's able to build and maintain strong relationships;
- Very flexible, 'jump in and get hands dirty' attitude.
What they offer:
- A full time 40-hour week, with flexibility - if you are with us then we are with you;
- 25 days paid annual leave + generous public holiday policy;
- Daily travel allowance;
- An excellent pension scheme;
- 4:1 hybrid working environment: at least 4 days per week in the newly renovated offices in a growing (and green) business park close to Schiphol airport with all the transport connections that provides + 1 day in your home location with support provided to ensure a healthy remote workplace.
Please note that we agreed with our clients to only introduce them to candidates who already live in or near Amsterdam. Although we understand that you are willing to relocate or commute, we have agreed with our clients not to accept this as an adequate option.
Are you interested in the position and do you have the required skills and experience. Please send us your CV with a short letter of motivation. You will receive an answer from us within 5 working days. For more information please check our website www.projob.nl or call us at 020 - 5738383. We are looking forward to hearing from you!