Do you have experience in fashion product merchandising? And do you have excellent analytical skills and Excel skills, specifically: reporting and handling large sets of data, executing pivots and other analysis? A major global fashion brand with its headquarters in Amsterdam is looking for Merchandisers for multiple product categories.
About the company
The European head office of this international fashion & lifestyle brand is based in Amsterdam. The company's style is classic American with a twist. Dynamic, international, and open-minded describes the company's culture at best.
Salary and hours per week
- Salary: Negotiable
- 32-40 hours per week
- Start: As soon as possible
- 3 to 6 months/possibly longer or potentially permanent
About the job
You will be responsible for driving the divisional product strategy and the implementation of product assortment for your product category. This role is responsible developing a collection fitting with strategic goals. The position is in close connection to Sales, Planning, Marketing, retail and e-commerce departments.
The Merchandiser will have the following responsibilities:
- Create seasonal strategy and merchandising plans;
- Present product strategy and collection offer to the relevant markets and ensure launches are correctly supported;
- Own seasonal projections and pricing for fashion and new launches;
- Partner with Planning/Forecasting on all pre-market buying commitments and projections;
- Conduct research related to product, competitors, market and consumer trends.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Work experience in fashion product merchandising or related field such as purchasing;
- High level of analytical skills;
- Excellent organizational, communication and negotiating skills;
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced and changing environment;
- Strong entrepreneurial mind set - Autonomous and proactive;
- Experience within a dynamic, international organization;
- Graduated at degree level or equivalent;
- Excellent skills in MS Excel (reporting and handling big data amount, executing pivots and other analysis) as well as Word and Power Point;
- Fluent in English.
Are you interested in the position and do you have the required skills and experience? Please send us your resume and a short motivation letter and we will get back to you in 5 business days. For more information feel free to call us during office hours at 020-5738383.
Please note that we agreed with our clients to only introduce them to candidates who already live in the greater Amsterdam area. Although we understand that you are willing to relocate or commute, we have agreed with our client not to accept this as an adequate option.